[Gimp-user] Inconsistent Behaviour of New View Windows

BTW, this would have been more suitable for the gimp-developer mailing
list.

I'm not a member of the gimp-developer mailing list - perhaps I should join -
can I join?

There is a speed penalty so it might be as well to add an option to Preferences
to allow the user to turn this feature off. But even then the behaviour of the
views would not be consistent as the airbrush would (unless modified from its
current behaviour) still update the additional views as it is used.

Whilst it may be helpful to modify the paint tools in this way my aim was to
modify the transform tools so that the preview appears in all views - thereby
adding to the usability of the Unified Transform tool.

If someone could give me any pointers on how this might be achieved I would be
pleased to look further at it.

I have only just started looking at the gimp sources and trying to build it on
Windows (with some success but I still have a few things to sort out) so I'm not
familiar with the inner workings of the program. I had assumed that there would
be a single canvas for each image and that all of the views for the image were
simply apertures on to this single canvas. So when the canvas had been altered
it was simply a case of redisplaying the appropriate portions in the one or more
views. Given the speed at which the image viewer I use can switch between two
full screen images I was expecting that the generally smaller additional views
would not take long to refresh.

On a separate matter - when compiling/building gegl and gimp there are numerous
warnings displayed (some of these are, I think, only output when building on/for
Windows). I could work at eliminating these warnings to allow a clean build if
such changes would be welcome. Any warnings that then appear as the result of
future changes will then stand out and can be addressed or suppressed as
appropriate.

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)