Re: [Gimp-user] GimpShop different to Gimp?

Von: "Alexandre Prokoudine" <alexandre prokoudine gmail com>
On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Steve Lett wrote:

After 3 attempts at downloading GimpShop I succeeded to install it. But I
was disappointed. My expectations were to see a PhotoShop-like program but
it looks just like the ordinary Gimp program.

Can anyone tell me what is supposed to be different about GimpShop?

Off the top of my head: icons, menu items' names, some keyboard shortcuts.

One of the suggestions we had at that time was whether this could be done via translations and a customized
shortcuts file. But this either didn't work, or was not followed up by the original author, I don't recall.

And there was something similar to Single Window Mode, via a plug-in that added a window to capture all the
GIMP windows - only for the Windows platforms, IIRC.

We also wouldn't recommend downloading more recent GimpShop for
security reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMPshop#Status

"I originally created Gimpshop, but I'm not the jerk who owns that domain and added adware & spyware to the
source. Sorry about that. I hate that this guy is out there making my fun little project into an abomination.
---
I don't have a project site for it. I became discouraged after this whole ordeal and I let it slip away into
obscurity. …. Gimpshop was a fun little 'prank' that got bigger than I ever expected. Sad what it has become,
though."

--
Regards,
Michael