[Gimp-user] Just want to make a SIMPLE GIF

Can someone please help me. I've been trying to make just a simple gif from a 17
year old game. I have gimp 2.6 with GAP 2.6 and am trying to extract video
range. I made two gifs before getting this AMAZING error "unable to load file
type" i have tried mp3, mp4, and avi and nothing seems to work. Im on windows PC
and absolutely fucking retarded when it comes to computers I guess because I
have no clue what to do. So if you're kind enough please try and keep it simple
for my pathetic brain and not something like "ohh thats an old PCIEX file type
branching from the MCI-30 hierarchy you need to extra the TCP file extra through
this data repository info program that you can install using a github PCT
repository through a simple command prompt install using the following codes"

--
vslash9 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)