[Gimp-user] Displace filter question

Still not very clear... The Layers that can be used as a map in
Filter>Map>Displace must have the same size as the target layer. Those
that don't are filtered out of the selector.
I don't see the connection with Filters>Map>Displace. The "standard"
Filters>Generic menu contains, from memory: Convolution Matrix,
Dilate,
Erode. Everything else would be plug-ins. So you would have to find
which plug-ins you added in your previous installation of Gimp (was
that
on another computer?) and reinstall them. But for this to be
successful
you would need more accurate memories.

Ah. Thank you so much. I didn't realize the plugins from other sources added to
the existing filter menu. I thought all of those would be under FX or Script FU
menus. They are there now. And thanks for the other reminder. I thought they
were all the same size but when I examined them individually there was one that
was off. Thanks again. I'm a bit new to this intricate of a program so really
appreciate help.

--
crj414 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)