[Gimp-user] image alignment/registration

Hey, thanks for that!

Follows Flickr album https://flic.kr/s/aHskT2xjh1

EDIT: I noticed that Flickr automatically changed the tiffs I uploaded into
jpgs, so I wanted to make sure it wouldn't be a waste of time to you.
I did what I suppose you'll do:
1 - Downloaded Flickr album
2 - Aligned the images with align_image_stack
3 - Opened the output from previous step as layers in Gimp.
4 - Changed layers opacity according to the mean rule (100%, 50%, 33%...)
4 - Did the same on PS

Conclusion: The format change didn't interfere in the original alignment issue:
PS correctly auto-aligned the layers, but align_image_stack didn't.

The following images are screen shots from both ps and gimp showing the final
stacks: http://imgur.com/a/drKdB

--
oneaty (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)