Re: [Gimp-user] image alignment/registration

I tried align_image_stack many times, using different options combinations, but
coudn't get aligned images in the end.

Per recommendations here, I've used it and it worked really well; I've read, and experienced, that it seems to need images to be pretty close already. Meaning, by default it won't assume the images should be aligned a great distance, so if you moved much while shooting it might not work out. You might investigate the -g option -- I'm not totally clear on how it works, but it sounds from the description like it might change the scale which align_image_stack uses to find control points. Maybe also the -t option?

You could also check out hugin, which AFAIK uses align_image_stack under the hood to do its alignment. It allows all kinds of manual intervention/editing of control points. I understand that a "one-click" solution is ideal, but mention it just in case. You can at least visually see what's happening with the control points and understand better where things are going wrong.

-c