[Gimp-user] image alignment/registration

Align_image_stack is usually the best option other than possibly
attempting
it manually directly in Hugin.
On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 8:57 PM Casey Connor
<gimp-user-list caseyconnor org>
wrote:
I tried align_image_stack many times, using different options combinations, but
coudn't get aligned images in the end.
I'm trying to abandon PS and fully use gnu software, but, so far, couldn't find
a decent replacent for PS's autoalign feature.
The point is that I didn't use tripod, so there are alignment differences in the
original frames. PS's autoalign can handle that situation in a very satisfactory
manner.
Am I missing something?
I don't want to piggyback Casey's post, but since I have the same question, I
choose to put this post here.
If admins feel I should open another thread, just let me know.

--
oneaty (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)