[Gimp-user] Generic Filter Missing Selections

I am new to Gimp. I initially had 2.8.18, but then you released 2.18.20 so I
attempted to update. I had several issues that seemed to be solved when I turned
off Windows Defender, and then I just listed Gimp on the excluded list. However,
after the recent Windows 10 Update I was experimenting with a technique on
Youtube that required the use of the displace filter under generic and maps.
When I tried to use it I got an error message. Eventually I tried a clean
reinstall. When I downloaded again, the generic filter suddenly only had the
first 3 selections. After several attempts and running Malwarebytes which only
found adware, I thought well I will just go back to the 2.8.18 and figure it out
later. That version now has the same problem. Im thinking that has to be
something with my system so I disabled Defender and downloaded Avast. Did yet
another clean download of 2.8.18 and they still are not there. I did a search of
just the Gimp files for National Geographic for simplicity. Thought maybe if I
found it I would find the other files. But it didnt find them. Im running a
search of the entire system, but that could take a while, so finally decided to
break down and come here and see if you guys could tell me whats going on. Im so
frustrated because I am completely addicted to Gimp. Im working on my Masters
thesis and Gimp has become a great source of relaxation for me. Please help me
get it back.  Thanks.

--
crj414 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)