[Gimp-user] resizing canvas question

I'm getting so frustrated with the lack of intuitive functioning of
this
program I'm  just about ready to go back and pay for photoshop.
Arghhh....
I have made a change in an image rotating part of it so that it now
extends
above the edge of the canvas. Resizing the canvas to layers does
nothing. I
had similar problems extending the canvas when I added an image from
another
file but nothing worked to fix that problem either. --snip--

Probably using the wrong tool or do not understand how the tool works or
expecting click-n-wish to work

Without greater details of the image you are using, all a bit of a guess but
this is a demo of

1. Image menu -> Fit Canvas To Layers

2. Image menu -> Resize Canvas

Either probably do the job, only 1 minute 30 seconds so no great epic.

https://youtu.be/2fgJX7msSEc

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)