[Gimp-user] How to Select a squwed image and correct it

Hi,
I am pretty new to Gimp.

What I would like to do is take a photo with my S8 and then when I get
it on my desktop, be able to cut out the part that I want, maybe add
some annotations and save it for use on my website.

I took a photo of my friends business card as he wants to use it on
his mobile website.
The photo is not properly centered and I just want the square part -
SEE attachment.

I have tried to select the area and crop it - but I keep failing.

What would be the best way to do this ?

Many thanks for helping a newbie :)

1. Use the free-select tool. Click in the four courners and then hit ENTER to
complete the selection.

screenshot:  http://i.imgur.com/mn8JDjQ.jpg

2. Use Edit -> Copy then Edit -> Paste-As -> New Image

3. In the new image use the Perspective Transform Tool in
***Corrective(backward) mode Click on the canvas to open the grid. Move the top
handles to fit the top corners. If you made the original selection correctly the
bottom handles will be OK. Check that the outside lines of the grid follow edge
of the label. When ready click the Transform button

screenshot:  http://i.imgur.com/3xFwCOP.jpg

4. Now use Layer -> Layer to image size to finish off.

screenshot:  http://i.imgur.com/ZhfXPUi.jpg

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)