[Gimp-user] How to Select a squwed image and correct it

Hi,
I am pretty new to Gimp.

What I would like to do is take a photo with my S8 and then when I get it on my
desktop, be able to cut out the part that I want, maybe add some annotations and
save it for use on my website.

I took a photo of my friends business card as he wants to use it on his mobile
website.
The photo is not properly centered and I just want the square part - SEE
attachment.

I have tried to select the area and crop it - but I keep failing.

What would be the best way to do this ?

Many thanks for helping a newbie :)

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/635/original/Flav_italy1a.jpg