Re: [Gimp-user] color profiles and gimp-image-convert-color-profile

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 7:22 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Carol Spears wrote:
I read something recently about a color profile from 1966.  It made me
chuckle and think about early US-tv and dramatic books of black and
white photography.

Then, gimp-9 or 10 was released and I am going to have to reacquaint
myself with some words or learn about them for the first time before I
am going to be able to convert rgb to grayscale via any script
available.

Any body got a link or a book recommendation or a paper to read?

"Real World Color Management" by the late Bruce Fraser et al. is quite
good.

Alex

I would also recommend Elle Stone's website http://ninedegreesbelow.com/
which has a wealth of information about color management and more
specifically as it relates to GIMP.

HTH,
Partha