[Gimp-user] Changing colour of a diagram

Many thanks for your help and including pictures. I can't get the layer menu up
to choose screen, but I am new here and will search through the help. The rest
makes sense so far. Thanks again.

There are different ways to get a result depending on the original
.psd image.

Since you say it is black and white, When you open in Gimp ***check
that the color mode is RGB*** and change if necessary.

Image menu -> Mode -> RGB  You might have something like this:
http://imgur.com/MPwO1ie

If it is black on white, then add a layer on top and fill it with the
new colour. Now set the Layer Mode to Screen. looks like this:
http://imgur.com/rCnSJ3D

If the diagram is black on transparent then enable the ***alpha
lock*** for that layer and fill the layer with the new colour. looks
like this: http://imgur.com/VrbA8NR

PS text layers imported into Gimp are 'rasterized' (no longer editable
text) treat these the same as previous, set the alpha lock, bucket
fill. example: http://imgur.com/jH797l5

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
JackieP (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)