[Gimp-user] Changing colour of a diagram

Hello, I've been searching for hours trying to figure this out. So I'd be
grateful for any help.

I have a psd image that I opened in gimp - it is a b/w pic of a character (line
drawing) and some words. I want to change the colour of the character and words.

Sounds simple - but I can only see how to "fill" not change the actual lines
that have been drawn

Is this possible - can someone point me to the right tutorial please/or provide
instructions.

Many thanks,
JP

--