Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 3:13 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Shortcomings of Shortcuts

Hello! and please help. My personal created shortcuts are not functioning at
random times. usually they do, but sometimes they don't. Most of the times its
just because I have switched languages with Alt + Shift, but when that is in
order I cannot understand why my shortcuts are not working. I feel it must be
another keyboard shortcut I have pressed to activate a mode where keyboard
shortcuts are not supposed to work because there is a different focus in the
program e.g. if a dialog box was open or something. But I cannot figure it out. it seems just that Gimp is moody and that right now it doesn't want to help me so i have to go about fiddling with the mouse of tardiness. unnecessary waste of
time when glorious keyboard shortcuts can help you. For the same reason,
maybe(!), I cannot drag and drop pictures into the working frame. Yes, I found a thread which suggest that I should drag and drop into the toolbox, and by the sun, it worked. But why then does it work other times. Why the mood. What button am I pressing? what am I not doing. Its like trying to use some tools and then they don't work and you realize that you haven't "selected all" yet so you Shift +a that beautiful beach of a program and it works. Is there, dear community a simple fix to my annoyances? And are there no search bar for looking through the 350 different help topics? Dear admins, I want for my birthday, May 23, a search bar so that I can look through all the previous given help. But there might also
be one and I am a weakling in the force of computer power.

TLDR;    (stupid silly writing mood of the author)

Shortcuts missing sometimes.

It's not the "changing of languages" by pressing Alt +Shift

Cannot, there again only sometimes, drag and drop pictures into the working
space. But sometimes I can. Is there a button?

Thank you dear beautiful human being who took the time to help a peasant in
need.

--
Kringleif (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)