Re: [Gimp-user] Scaling Font Without Changing Layer Type

On 02/23/2017 04:54 PM, AbsurdBlackBear wrote:
I was wondering if there is a way to scale font in GIMP without changing the
layer type. For example, I would like to change a font's horizontal size while
still being able to add more font to that layer. Is there a plugin that would
allow me to do this?

I don't think there's a way to do that.

If you are looking to /stretch/ a font, your best option might be to
convert the text to a path, switch on the scaling tool, and in the tool
options dock, make it active for paths (that's a button at the top of
the dialog).  In the Paths dialog, make the path visible and back on the
canvas, scale it wider (or etc).

Quick way to turn a text layer into a path:  Right click in the active
layer and select "Text to path."

:o)