Re: [Gimp-user] Changing color scheme across all layers in a gif

On 02/02/17 19:39, trevard wrote:
Hmmm. Several layers... then only the colormap method would work. Now,
"cold" and "warm" have no meaning in Gimp. What has a meaning is "this
R,G,B triplet becomes this R,G,B one".

If you post a frame of your GIF, we could better understand what you
want to do.
Sure thing I obviously have near no experience with GIMP and I truly do
appreciate your efforts to help me.  I'm not sure what exactly you mean  by
"frame" but I included a screen shot and the GIF itself hope that helps.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/451/original/arrow.PNG
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/452/original/arrow_r_r_on.gif

A layer in the GImp image becomes a "frame" in the GIF animation.

So, there could be a fast an easy solution:

- Get the interleave-layers script from here: http://gimp-tools.sourceforge.net/animationtools.shtml

- Add a layer to your image, fill it with required hue, then make it invisible

- Using Interleave-layers in "title" mode, interleave/merge it using the "Hue" blend mode

For more control:

- Instead of filling the whole layer, fill just the shape of the arrow, leave the rest transparent

- Using Interleave-layers in "title" mode, interleave/merge it using the "Color" blend mode

The script just uses the standard blend mode, so before calling the script you can make a test by changing the blend mode of the added layer, and adjusting the color for the required results.