From: rich2005
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 5:46 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] 3' x 6' Sign - Word to GIMP
First the missing embellishment in Adobe reader. I use a linux
operating
system
and do not use Adobe reader so that pdf displays ok here. The CMYK pdf
came
straight from your RGB pdf via an application called ghostscript so
maybe
some
unexpected effect was incorporated.

For example, the attachment shows your RGB pdf opened in a vector
application
Inkscape. There are no vectors but it is a collection of individual
objects,
such as the embellishment. I duplicated it as an example. It does have
other
characteristics such as a clipping mask which might come into effect
depending
on PDF viewer.

A note on your PDF. The 'natural' size for that is 6" x 3" not 6' x 3'
probably
originating from your Word document.

Bottom line is, until you get definite information from your printing
company
you are in limbo.

Ask them:

What image formats are acceptable, jpeg, tiff, png, or even PDF?

What ppi(dpi) is required? Remember Gimp is a raster editor so 6'x3' @
100
ppi =
7200x3600 pix while 6'x3' @ 150 ppi = 10800x5400 pix and so on.

What color mode is required RGB or CMYK?

If they take RGB images then that png from earlier post is probably
ok.

If CMYK, then what color profile "something.icc" to use. Gimp uses RGB
so
for
CMYK an ancient Gimp plugin is needed and you do not want to go there.
Get
some
other application that will perform the conversion.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/448/original/scroll.jpg

--
geronimo1111 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)