[Gimp-user] GIMP 2.8.22 for Mac and GhostScript Integration

Hello,

I'm looking for current methods to enable PS/EPS support in GIMP 2.8.22 for Mac using GhostScript 9.21. I've
searched to no avail for solutions. Anything I find refers to older versions and modifying environment
variables but the newest version of GIMP has taken these approaches away. GhostScript does its own install
and places itself in '/usr/local/bin' and referencing that in any of the Folders options under Preferences
does not enable support. I've even pushed that variable path to the top of the list and there's still no
ability to open EPS files.

Is anyone opening EPS files in GIMP 2.8.22 for Mac? If so, how are you doing it?

BTW, I've already checked Procedure Browser and 'file-ps-load' and 'file-ps-save' are not listed.
'Info.plist' does actually have an entry for (E)PS files so it would seem the app should support it.
Basically, how does one get a new procedure into GIMP?

Thanks,
Andrew
macOS Sierra (10.12.6)
2.5GHz Intel Core i5