Re: [Gimp-user] resynthesizer problems

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Dasa_108 <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

The image seems to be that of a person. Are you trying to remove that
person? In other words, you only want the background? I am not sure I
understand what you are trying to do.

Thanks,
Partha

Hi Partha,

I'm trying to remove the person and remain with the background. Thanks for
taking your time to assist me. It's really appreciated.

Sincerely,
Dasa_108

Sorry, this completely slipped off my radar. :(

Anyway, what you are trying to do is theoretically possible but probably
not the right use of "heal selection".  Select the region you wish to
"heal", go to Filter > Enhance > Heal Selection. Choose pixels from the
side and go inward from the outside. Continue doing this till you have
eliminated the unwanted parts.

Usually you are trying to remove a small part of the image (light pole
perhaps, someone's arm in your image, etc.) and so you can fill in the
region with random pixels from around the location. Here, you are trying to
remove most of the image and so your best bet would be start at the top and
carefully use pixels from above etc.

Finally make sure that the light source remains intact, or the background
would look strange. Your image light source is from the right I think.