Re: [Gimp-user] Color mismatch between display and printer

On 09/27/2016 02:38 PM, gimp-users mbourne spamgourmet com wrote:
Your printer probably has a feature to print a test page, usually
accessed from the printer properties, which will print some patterns in
various colours to check for blockages.

  Yes, it does. And I have. The test patterns look normal and are
complete. Initially the patterns had missing segments; after a number of
cleaning cycles they finally became complete.

One other thing I often do when
having problems with colours is to create a page of text in LibreOffice
consisting of the following in a large bold font:
   RED
   YELLOW
   GREEN
   CYAN
   BLUE
   MAGENTA
   BLACK
Each word formatted in the corresponding colour. Print that and see how
it comes out. I suspect the magenta will come out faint if at all, and
the red and blue will be off-colour (the red appearing more towards
yellow and the green more towards blue).

  I have created such a test document, cool idea. All of the colors
print normally AFAICT; the magenta *may* be a bit light, I have no way
to be certain. All of the colors are solid, and look like the color they
claim to be. The test document was created in Libreoffice.
  I imported one of the images from Gimp and printed it. The result was
the same: an off-color green tint. This implies the problem is the
printer, not Gimp or Libreoffice. While there a few processing steps
between an app and the printer, I would expect them to treat the output
data as sacred.
  Do the apps reference some common system values for deciding the
output color balance?

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com