Re: [Gimp-user] Reply vs. New message and Interface control

* Ross Martinek <triarius12 gmail com> [09-26-16 11:28]:
You didn’t highjack a thread, I made a mistake and thought you had, and sent you an apology. My bad.

If you have a question, just post it to the list with a subject line that is specific but succinct. You
will probably get a reply, but there is no guarantee—someone who knows the answer has to see the
question.The folks here are pretty supportive. You should get an email with their reply. At least with some
mail clients, you should “Reply all” when answering a post.

No, one *should* reply to the list rather than sending multiple copies to
*everyone*.  After all, the original post would not have been seen if one
was not reading the list.  If after posing a question, one does not have
the initiative to keep reading the list, why bother?

As for your question on controlling the interface:

not top-posted and not full quoted nor previous signatures included.

search: mailing list etiquette and/or netiquette