Re: [Gimp-user] Barely skilled user - How to put a clear layer with test on top of a .gif image

On 22/09/16 03:36, Paula Koval wrote:
I am looking for a way to add a layer to a gif image upon which I can add
text, a layer that is transparent and will not move or flash, like writing
on a window behind which there is action.

To do what you want you have to add the text (on the very same spot) to all the layers/frames of the animation. There are scripts and plugins to do this, For instance my own interleave-layers script used in "title" mode:

http://gimp-tools.sourceforge.net/animationtools.shtml

My thanks to everyone who sent possible answers to my question.  I tried to
implement them as I was reading the Gimp User Manual.  I am not a skilled
user.  I am learning as I go.  I had no idea that Python is a way of
writing scripts for Gimp.  I do not know where to find my Gimp profile.  I
am not kidding.  The user manual does not mention it.

For the Gimp profile: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/