[Gimp-user] How to scan scan under Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5

That would have been awesome to know sooner. :)

Anyway, Zbig, looks like you're slightly out of luck.  If your GIMP
can't access your scanner then you'll just have to use the scanner by
itself (try pressing the Scan button on the scanner unit and see what
software your system calls to handle the scanner event).  Once you've
scanned your image to a file then you can open that file in GIMP like
any other.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com

Thank you Stratadrake,
this basic kind of scanning works. But I would like to scan under GIMP what is
quicker and I always used it under Windows GIMP.
Zbig

--
Zbig (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)