[Gimp-user] Importing PDF into Gimp 2.8.18

I’m not a code expert at all but I use GIMP to modify and color
correct images and PDF documents. The tool set is good, flexible, and
very powerful. I was using version 2.8.10 until I recently upgraded to
2.8.18. My platform is a late 2009 iMac running Sierra (OS 10.12). The
problem I am now experiencing is I can no longer import certain PDFs
to GIMP. It used to be really easy but now, no joy. I hope this will
be fixed soon. I really like GIMP’s feature set and I hope this
current problem is an easy fix. Attached is a screen shot of an error
message when trying to open some PDFs.

I am using linux not OSX and as with others Gimp will not open the posted
NxNW_1959.pdf.  It does open in a linux pdf editor and apart from the creator,
nothing unusual, fonts are nothing spaecial for example.

A straight save produces a pdf which does open in Gimp. A slight difference in
file size  orig: 585,860B vs new: 558.823

Usual problem editing PDF in Gimp, it is rasterized, A better bet might be
LibreOffice which does open the original file.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/305/original/pdfedit.jpg
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/306/original/ingimp.jpg

--