Re: [Gimp-user] Color mismatch between display and printer

Jan Kandziora wrote:
Am 29.09.2016 um 19:53 schrieb James Moe:

I imported one of the images from Gimp and printed it. The result
was the same: an off-color green tint. This implies the problem is
the printer, not Gimp or Libreoffice. While there a few processing
steps between an app and the printer, I would expect them to treat
the output data as sacred.

No, you got that wrong. The printer driver has both text and raster
input. It's not Libreoffice which does the rasterization of text. So
text colors can be handled differently by the printer driver than
raster data.

I hadn't considered that text and images might be handled differently! As well as trying Scribus as Jan suggests, it may also be worth trying a similar test with blocks of colour from GIMP, and see if the magenta comes out any different than it did from LibreOffice.

--
Mark.