[Gimp-user] Driving me crazy!!!

Your attachment is a JPG so I assume that's what your camera produced.

1. Open your photo in GIMP.
2. Save it under a new name.
2b. If you know how to make a duplicate layer, start by making a
duplicate
layer and work on that.
3. Crop out the extra wall on the left and right sides.
4. Go to Colors > Levels on the menu.
5. Make sure the Preview box has a checkmark in it.
6. Move the CENTER slider at the top, where it says 1.0, a bit to the
right
until it says .80.
7. Look at the results. Adjust it either way to your taste.
8. Save the GIMP file as an .XCF.
9. Export it as a JPG (File > Export AS) or anything else.

Next time, (the wedding?) if you have to photograph people outside in
bright
sunshine, have an assistant hold up a large white sheet or piece of
white
paper on the shadow side of the person or couple. That way the shadows
won't
be quite so dark. You should be able to see a difference before you
take the
picture.

Also, have your couple stand further away from the wall so that their
shadows are cast on the ground and the wall is out of focus.

Forget about perfection. You have done the important job of
photographing
the happy couple.

Cheers,
Rick S

Thank you. When it comes to pictures, i want them to look as perfect as
possible.  I feel like the background and their skin are really bright. But when
i try to darken it the shadows on their faces get dark and you lose the detail
:(

--
ghart89 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)