Re: [Gimp-user] Replace Gold Splotches

On 11/19/2016 01:53 PM, rich2005 wrote:
Guilty of being over-complicated

With the limited grey - blue - black colours you can color-select the splodges
with color-select in additive mode reasonably easily.

To save a lot of writing, a short video demo, only 2 and a half minutes
including explanations.

https://youtu.be/qk5qJLUszzU

hope it helps

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Just for grins I took a copy of the sample image that was uploaded and
made the gold bits transparent.  It was easy, because I selected
everything /but/ the "gold" and then inverted the selection.

Using the Select By Color tool, click once to select all the black, then
hold down the shift key to select the blue and etc.

There will be stray pixels that did not get selected, due to color
variations produced by anti-aliasing.  So, zoom WAY in and start
selecting those strays with the same tool, holding the shift key down of
course, until everything you want to keep is selected.  That took me a
minute or two.

Then do Select > Invert and viola, a precise selection of the "gold"
only, to do with as ye will.

:o)