Re: [Gimp-user] Need help with transparency

You can't "fill" an area with transparency.

- Add a transparent layer as described by Steve Kinney:

"... make sure the image layer you are working on has an alpha channel,
which enables transparency i the layer.  Find your Layers dialog dock
(it's the open tab in "number four" in the illustration on this page:
http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-concepts-main-windows.html ).  Right
click on the layer thumbnail, and look for "Add Alpha Channel" in the
menu that opens.  If it's grayed out, no worries, there's already an
alpha channel for that layer.  If it's not grayed out, select it to add
an alpha channel.

Then, anything you "erase" or "delete" from the layer will become
transparent..."

- Select your white area.
- Delete it and you should see the transparency "checkerboard" show up.
- Save your image or put it on top of whatever you want to show through.

Hope that helps,
Rick

-----Original Message----- From: acctingman