----Original Message----
From: kevin ve3syb ca
Date: 20/03/2016 15:40
To: "gimp-user"<gimp-user-list gnome org>
Subj: Re: [Gimp-user] debugging script-fu with list-&gt;string

Oops... I meant to send this to the list.

On 16-03-20 07:17 AM, ugajin talktalk net wrote:
How, do I pass in a list of characters? GIMP complains when I try to
pass
in a list object. I have tried everything, I can think of.

You provided a list but it was a list of numbers, not characters. To
create
a list of characters you would use
    (gimp-message (list->string '(#\H #\e #\l #\l #\o #\!)))

Characters are written as #\ followed by a the character you want, or
by #\
and the name of a character (ie. space, or newline).

For some additional information you can look in the R5RS under section
6.3.4
on page 28.

There is a minor error in the printing of characters that I need to
fix. It
shows them as "#\x" instead of just "#\". I also just had a thought
that
this information should be put in to some document about Script-Fu
basics.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that
distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why
we're