[Gimp-user] Create hyperlinked image

Hi,

I would like to know how to create a hyperlinked image with Gimp. I have seen a
video demonstrating how to do it using photoshop, so I would like to know how to
do it with Gimp.

Firstly, can I say that I don't want to create an image map. I just want to
apply a hyperlink to a single image.

Secondly, I'm a Wordpress user, so yes I know it's easy to link to a single
image in the text dialogue box, but I want to embed/fix a permanet link to an
image that can be downloaded and shared with the link remaining active.

Finally, I would really appreciate any help and assistance with this question.

Thanks,

Will48

PS. Currently using Gimp 2.8

--