[Gimp-user] File Type Unknown

The installer from gimp.org will not run without administrative
privileges
(you can't write to Program Files if you're not Administrator anyway),
so
something else must be the problem.

koalaballah: open Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Users\<your
username>
and delete the .gimp-2.8 folder (this will reset all the settings),
then
try running GIMP again.

Thank you so much for the suggestion.  I wonder if that would have worked.  I
ended up going nuclear and reset my computer to factory settings.  Everything is
running smoothly now.  It was something that I kinda wanted to do anyway.

Thank you everyone for your help, and sorry to everyone who might have the same
problem some time in the future.

--
koalaballah (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)