Re: [Gimp-user] reassign F1 key shortcut

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 18:19:20 -0400, Steve Kinney wrote:

Or maybe not.  A context sensitive F-key command that opens the help
menu for the window manager's currently focused application belongs to
the window manager, not system firmware.  Firmware would have no way of
knowing what application is currently focused, thus, no way of knowing
which help menu to open.  When the problem is "It opens the Help menu
and I can't find where to change that," the problem pretty much has to
be the window manager.

There are actually several scancodes defined for help, and I've seen
laptops send them.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >