Re: [Gimp-user] reassign F1 key shortcut

On 06/01/2016 05:32 AM, MasterBooth wrote:
I'm creating my own keyboard shortcuts in GIMP.
I have reassigned a number of keys already and they are a great help.

I have tried to assign colors > levels to F1 and it does display F1 as the new
shortcut and does no longer show F1 as the shortcut for Help, still when I press
F1 it keeps opening up the help window... so what does it take to unbind Help
from F1?

Also I have noticed that some keys like Tab can't be used to assign for
shortcuts? Is that true, does this have a reason or am I missing something on
how to do it?

I think the binding for F1 might be in your window manager / OS rather
than the GIMP.  I would check the keyboard shortcut configuration menu
for your window manager ("Windows", Gnome, or etc), and unset F1 if it
is used there.

Alt+F1 might be an acceptable alternative?