Re: [Gimp-user] reassign F1 key shortcut

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 15:43:33 -0400, Steve Kinney wrote:

Damn.  A window manager shortcut was interfering with the GIMP on my
system a while back, it took me about three minutes to set that right,
because Linux.

If you had the same problem as Dale, Linux wouldn't help you - some laptops
"helpfully" reassign the F-keys to multimedia keys at hardware level, and
require you to press Fn+F-key to get the actual F-key. Usually this can be
disabled in BIOS setup, but I've seen one laptop where you had to update
the BIOS first before the option became available (and even then it was
named in such way that it way easy to overlook it).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >