Re: [Gimp-user] Next gotcha

Von: "Joel Rees" <joel rees gmail com>

(Bringing it back to both lists so those who are telling Gene he
should upgrade his debian can get a clue.)

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett shentel net> wrote:

True, but I am stuck with a distribution that can run LinuxCNC, which has
a need for a real time capable kernel. The guys are working on it but so
far have not managed to get good enough IRQ response with kernels post
3.4.9-55 to run stepper motors direct, they have to be delegated to
specialized control cards that run from $90 to 3 or 400, depending on
the complexity of the machine being controlled.

Debian Wheezy should have the dependencies to build more recent releases of GIMP 2.8 as well.
We keep them pretty much the same in the stable GIMP branches.

--
Regards,
Michael