Re: [Gimp-user] Margins for printing

Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 00:05:59 +0200
From: forums gimpusers com
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
CC: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Margins for printing

For someone whose typical use is to tweak and crop an image and then,
often, print it, that seems a rather fundamental bug....

John_D (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Well, the GIMP workaround is simple enough: once you've decided on a print resolution, pad your image canvas
out by the desired margins.  It's not precise but it works.

I don't understand how this occurs either (there seems to be a 10:1 ratio between the specified print margin
and actual result), but I don't think the GIMP devteam in general really does either given their dearth of
Windows developers.  And while I'm generally willing to dive into some source files and see if I can spot
something relevant, not knowing what I should even be looking for is a huge problem.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com