Re: [Gimp-user] Space 49 small images around a circle?

On 08/07/16 06:21, billlee wrote:
I'm designing the image to print on a CD.

In this image, I'd like to arrange 49 copies of a small image evenly around a
circle.

I'm a relative newbie, using GIMP 2.8.16 on Windows 10.

Thank you very much!

PS: I see a script for arranging text around a circle, but need to finish this
CD before such a learning curve. :)
If GIMP would display polar coordinates instead of rectangular, it might not be
too hard to do this by hand. I guess I could try making a spreadsheet to
generate the x,y coordinates. :) Probably GIMP has easier way(s) to do this, and
I can learn something about GIMP too!

- Download/install dial-marks from here: <https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-path-tools/files/scripts/>
- Make a circle path (circle selection and Select>>To Path, for instance)
- Filter/Render/Paths/Dial marks and make a path with 49 marks with O° width, the marks intersecting your circle - In the Paths list, make both paths visible, right click and "Merge visible paths"
- View>Snap to active path
- Now use the Move tool to drag your objects, they will snap in position (if they are centered in their own layer)

See: http://i.imgur.com/uTAqbqo.png