Re: [Gimp-user] Path Tool Annoyances

On 02/20/2016 10:35 AM, akovia wrote:

When turning sharp corners, I zoom in and place  the corner
node's handles on the lines leading away from the vertex.

This is exactly the problem. The only way to ensure this is to zoom in
to almost max extents on every single node. This is very
cumbersome and
time consuming and was not required before. I've already done a few
things with my workflow to try and compensate for this, especially
if I
know ahead of time I will be stoking the path, but it's been difficult
to completely change everything about how I work after doing it
successfully for years a certain way without problems.

Aha.  That's a challenging one.

Shot in the dark:  Have you tried just using the Lasso tool - which
will also play connect the dots - to make selections, then convert
the selection to a path?  If that works it might point to other
options in the "area selection" arena that could be useful.

I might play with that later just for the heck of it...

:o)