[Gimp-user] Path Tool Annoyances

Just revisiting this to see if it can get a little love.
I don't stroke every path I make, but when I do I am still faced with
lot of extra work to repair the handles. I've given this a bit more
thought on how to fix this issue and came up with two ways that maybe
can work together.

1. A setting or a keyboard modifier that prevents handles being pulled
out when placing nodes.

2. A threshold slider in the strokes dialog to ignore handles within a
certain margin.

The first option would help prevent problems when creating the path.
The second would overcome previously created paths, or fix problems
when
dragging out handles by accident when manipulating the path by the
line
instead of by the handles themselves.

Here is a full size example of a render I did. If you zoom in to 100%
and follow the path around, you can see how many problems there are. I
understand it only takes 5-10 mins to go back and fix, but it really
is
frustrating.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93550827/Forums/gimp-nodes1.jpg

Cheers

I have had the same problem! When I try to do a "stroke path" selection, there
are just gaps that go missing from the stroke. It's so frustrating, and I don't
know how to fix it!

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/236/original/DavidHabashy.xcf

--