Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 1:59 PM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] How to shrink photo,retain quality?? Business card design

Hi guys!

I'm an amateur photo-editor, and have a decent understanding of Gimp basics.

I am designing a business card for myself to be uploaded to gotprint.com

I am using a 2.5inx3.5in. vertical layout. In the past I have used the basic
online editor provided by gotprint to design a logo, this time I wanted to do it
on Gimp to leave myself more options for editing.

I need to include a photo of myself on the card. I have a hq photo taken by a
Canon DSLR, and it looks great. When I create a new project on Gimp to the
specific size of 2.5"x3.5" I have to shrink the image down, as it is around
2800x4200 pixels. Whenever I do this I lose A LOT of quality.

etc.