Re: [Gimp-user] Hello

On 02/13/2016 09:58 AM, Ross Martinek wrote:
As a long time Photoshop user, I have to agree. One thing you'll
discover fairly quickly, I think, is the way GIMP handles brushes.
I've been using GIMP for over a year, and the brushes palette still
causes occasional consternation.

But it's absolutely worth it. I liked PS, thought it a good program,
but I wouldn't have it back if it was free.

I also recommend /The Book of Gimp/ by Lecarme and Delvare. Saved me
a lot of pulled hair—and I'm bald. =^D

I found a copy of Akkana Peck's book, Beginning GIMP: From Novice to
Professional, in my local library.  I was already a "professional"
of sorts, but I spent the afternoon reading it and picked up a few
really neat tricks.

http://gimpbook.com/

:o)