[Gimp-user] Installing HELP files problem

HELLO:  Mac mini (Mid 2010) 4 GB mem, over 400 Gig free on HD.
Downloaded/Installed Sierra Mac OS today and updated GIMP to the
2.8.18 version also.

Clicking on GIMP HELP or CONTEXT HELP leads me to a blank page!

SO, I downloaded the GIMP HELP files and was able to Extract the files
into the Folder titled     gimp-help-2.8.1

HELP!! Now, how do I set this up to install it into Gimp, or to have
GIMP access these HELP FILES?

In linux it would go in /usr/share/gimp/2.0/help/xxx where xxx is the language
version, such as en for US English and en-GB for english-English. All the html
and images folder goes there.

Then that has to match the language setting in

Edit -> Preferences -> Interface -> Language  Sometime, the default setting
"System Language" does not pick up Help.

If you can get that working in OSX, you will be more successful than most.

An alternative is the excellent PDF, indexed and searchable from
http://gimp.linux.it/www/meta/

English or Italian. Whoever maintains that deserves a medal.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)