[Gimp-user] Basic image editing

Oh dear, this is what happens with no planning. Good in one way, your
image has a resolution of 600ppi, a little over-the-top but better
than too low a value. For sending to a printer 300 ppi is suitable
unless they ask for more. Leave it as 600 ppi and see what happens.

always a but...

You will be better off starting from scratch using all the tools that
Gimp provides, layers, layer-mask, gimp guides, selections. Trying to
modify the existing image will end up, less than wonderful.

The patterns are standard Gimp, sky and pine, however the sky pattern
does not extend outside the 'safe area' and the other colours and
pattern do.

Attached, is a scaled up to 600 ppi template with the image recreated.
If you turn on the guides, View menu -> Show Guides, you will see,
plenty of them. Get in the habit of using them. These only exist in
Gimp, they are not printed.

For adding text, put your text layers under mask layer, there is one
there already as an indicator.

When complete and ready for printing, turn off the visibility of the
top layer. That will leave only the crop marks used by the printer.
Rounded corners are part of the printing process, cut out by the
printing company.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thank you for the help. I need copy a lot of elements from original image to new
image in template: should I paste every element as new layer?

--
kvasar (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)