[Gimp-user] Basic image editing

1. Printing size

Gimp will import a PDF at 100 ppi by default. The PDF properties
indicate that the size is 124 mm x 92 mm (biz card maybe).  For
printing quality, open the PDF with a ppi of 300

2. A template

Attached. Opens straight up in Gimp. Put your image on the bottom
layer. Turn off visibility on the top layer before exporting to
whatever format your Printing Company requires. (TIFF, jpeg ..)

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attached is image sample, its 600dpi. It's a bit tricky: I need retain existing
image resolution and size of all artwork and text inside that rounded card, the
size of image is a little smaller than the size of green bleed line. So, in
order to get edge to edge printing, I want extend only backround to all 4 sides
of image to cover bleed line.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/362/original/image.jpg

--