Re: [Gimp-user] Texture creation date

On 12/08/2016 07:34 AM, ShmooZ wrote:
Is there a way to find the date when a texture or mesh was created?

I'm using Gimp with DDS plugin and can view, edit and save textures just fine.

My problem is that I have about 20~25 texture packs and I would like to allow
the most recent textures to replace the older.

It seems like there should be a way to find when textures or even meshes were
created. If not Gimp, is there another app or tool that I could use?

I would use the operating system's own file system browser to go into
the directories where the GIMP keeps its configuration files, plugins,
etc. and look for the files in a folder there (probably "patterns").
Then either look at the relevant files' creation dates, or sort the
files by date, in the file system browser.  Move or delete the unwanted
ones and viola.

Where to find these folders varies from operating system to operating
system, but you can find this by doing Edit > Preferences in the GIMP
and examining the contents of the Folders item.

:o)