Re: [Gimp-user] Need High Def Text

On 12/08/2016 03:42 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 3:29 PM, SportStar wrote:
Hi, I am using Gimp 2.8 to design an A1 poster. The poster contains text and
while it looks OK in 100% or 200%, the moment I go to 400% it all gets
pixelated.

The point of bitmap graphics is that it's all pixels, not vectors.

When I make "posters" that will contain both image and text content, I
usually do the bitmap content in the GIMP, export the result as PNG, and
import it into an new Inkscape file.  I do the text and any "line art"
as required in Inkscape.  The result is a hybrid bitmap/vector image
that scales up very well; there will be some loss of resolution in the
bitmap content, but text and other vector content will render
"perfectly" at any scale when exported as a bitmap file (png or etc.).

Export the Inkscape .svg to PDF with text converted to vectors for
reliable printing.

"Just use Inkscape for the text" is not a great answer, since it does
involve getting and learning how to use a whole 'nother program if you
have not already done so.  But if you will be doing similar work in the
future, it's well worth the trouble.

:o)