[Gimp-user] Texture creation date

Is there a way to find the date when a texture or mesh was created?

I'm using Gimp with DDS plugin and can view, edit and save textures just fine.

My problem is that I have about 20~25 texture packs and I would like to allow
the most recent textures to replace the older.

It seems like there should be a way to find when textures or even meshes were
created. If not Gimp, is there another app or tool that I could use?

Thank you

--
ShmooZ (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)