[Gimp-user] Need High Def Text

Hi, I am using Gimp 2.8 to design an A1 poster. The poster contains
text and while it looks OK in 100% or 200%, the moment I go to 400% it
all gets pixelated. I have read some info and checked that the text
tool is set to Hinting - Full and Antialiasing is ticked.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks

Your "A1" poster is tiny. A1 size is 594 mm x 841 mm and your image size in
pixels is 592 x 561 pix so I conclude that, apart from the aspect ratio, you
have pixels and mm mixed up. Printing that on  A1 papergives a resolution of
pixels per inch (ppi)

For a poster that will be viewed at a distance you do not need phot-grapic
quality 300 ppi but you do need better than 25 ppi, say 150 ppi.

Make a new canvas, Image -> New, in the advanced section set the
horizontal/vertical resolution, set the size in mm. After that work in pixels,
Gimp is a raster editor, works with pixels.

Then there is the outlining: guessing you did some sort of selection and used
that, leaving semi-transparent pixels between the white text and the magenta
outline.

A better way once you have a text layer is Text to path -> Stroke the path.
Apply that to a layer under the text for best results.

example attached.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/353/original/noentry.xcf

--