Re: [Gimp-user] Not moving layers

On 08/19/2016 01:58 PM, Ross Martinek wrote:
Is there any way to lock a layer so that it cannot be inadvertently moved while working on it?

I'm not sure I know exactly what is happening on your end, as I never
had a problem like that.  When that happens, what are you doing?

As a stopgap measure, making all layers the same size as the image
canvas would at least let you put the layer back exactly where it
started, by using the Move tool and zooming in on one corner.